So, today my bestie and I decided we should "hang out" on Google+ because we don't spend enough time with each other in real life. (Which is a lie. I see her more than anyone else in my life.) As I logged in to Google+ I was reminded that I have a blog! Oh that's right! That thing I started a year ago where I said I would post all kinds of things whenever I felt the desire. Surprise!
Well, needless to say, I looked at my old blog and thought, "I should do something with this, since I have it." I looked through all my old posts and reflected on my time in Alaska. That was quite an experience. I realized I never posted a final reflection about my trip. So, here it is!
And let me tell you, it was interesting. I can't decide whether it was entirely good or entirely bad, but I don't think either of those is entirely accurate. Although I made it seem like it was great in my blog posts, I was really lonely. Not that I did not enjoy my time there; I did enjoy a lot of it. But, I was lonely. Even though I do pretty well being alone for a while, it gets real lonely when there is not really anyone to go hang out with. But, that is OK. It was a good learning experience for me because it pushed me to interact with people I would not normally interact with. It also made me remember how much I appreciate my friends and family because there is always someone I can talk to at home. So, one adjective can't really describe my experience, but I will say this. If you want to do something like this, take someone else with you! At least, if you're like me. If you're not, and you're totally fine with making new friends among new people, then go! Do it! That's great and I wish I was more like you!
Anyway, I hope I have provided some closure for those of you wondering how I felt when I got back to Washington (and for those of you not wondering :). Maybe, if anything blog-worthy happens in my life, I will continue blogging! We'll just have to wait and see :)
Yay for blogging! Like I should talk...
ReplyDeleteHaha. I understand.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the closure :)
ReplyDelete