Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Adventure

Obviously it has been a while since I've blogged. What have I been doing? Writing giant research papers, studying for finals, working, packing up one apartment and moving to another, and preparing to go to Alaska this summer. Alaska? Or, as my hermana always says "Ah-lahska." What am I doing in Alaska, you ask? I am working at the Mt McKinley Princess Wilderness Lodge as a hostess in the Mountain View Restaurant.
So, Saturday I boarded a plane from Seattle to Anchorage. I have been spending some time hanging out with my cousins in Anchorage before coming up to the lodge today. I met my boss, saw a little bit of the property, had dinner at one of the restaurants, and met my roommate. So far it has been pretty good!
Coming to Alaska is already, and will continue to be such an adventure for me- the only time I have been away from family for so long is at school. So, my hope is to become more independent through this experience.
My goal is to update my blog as often as possible so that you can have some idea about what I'm doing on my adventure!
I would love for you to join me. I would also love prayer. I really don't know anyone here right now, and meeting people is kind of scary. So, please pray for boldness, and that God would provide good friends for me quickly. There is a new girl starting as a hostess at the same time as me, so it will be good to not be the only new person. Please also pray that I will learn quickly and do my job as well as I can. The restaurant I am in is pretty large, so that's a little intimidating. But, I'm sure that I was put there for a reason. I would appreciate any prayers you want to send my way :)
Well, that's all I have for now. I will try to keep my blog as updated as possible and I hope you enjoy my journey as much as I do!

2 comments:

  1. I will definitely enjoy it. I seem to be living through others blogs lately. So happy for you. Be your normal happy and amazing self and others will flock to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excited for your adventure! Can't wait to hear more!!

    ReplyDelete