- Started working.
- Learning the way that everything works takes a little bit, but I'm trying to get the hang of it.
- My first day of work was Thursday, and what did I do? I forgot my name tag of course. So, that was embarrassing. Luckily, I worked a split shift so I was able to get my name tag for the second half of my shift.
- The girls I work with are very nice and helpful. There are five of us girls who work the hostess stand, and we usually have a pretty good time.
- Not seen wildlife.
- I saw a beaver from the car when driving, but, because it was from so far away and we were moving, I couldn't see it very well.
- Despite all of the bear and moose sightings around the lodge, I have only seen chipmunks on property. Disappointing.
- Not seen Mt. McKinley.
- Apparently every time the mountain is out, I am not. So, I have yet to see it!
- Visited Talkeetna once.
- Talkeetna is the closest little touristy town. We ate at the Flying Squirrel and had a brick-oven pizza with chorizo and potatoes. It was delicious!
- I visited a few of the local shops and am excited to head back there again!
- Gotten rides from nice co-workers.
- Getting up to my room is quite a long walk. First I have to follow the road uphill, then take the little path to the first employee housing area, then take the second path up a ridiculously steep hill to my house. It is exhausting. So, it has been so nice when co-workers offer me a ride home!
- Gotten sick.
- Of course. My first week working and I have a cold. Awesome.
- Slept a lot.
- I have been working a lot of split shifts, so I have taken a lot of naps lately. I have tried to go to bed early, but I'm not too good at that. Since I have to be at work as early as 5:45, naps are saving me!
Tuesday, July 3, 2012
Week #1
I have been at the lodge for a week now, and I have:
Labels:
Alaska Adventure
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I hope you feel better soon! And see some wildlife...from a safe distance:-)
ReplyDelete